Sunday, May 20, 2007

A little knowledge...

So you read all the pregnancy books and you know what to expect. If a woman next to me on the metro was having a problem in her pregnancy, I swear I could treat her. I would know what her symptoms pointed towards. I would be able to recommend a course of treatment. I'm fairly sure I'd be right.

So when my right hand started burning every time I used the computer mouse, I knew I had the beginnings of carpel-tunnel. It made sense; it flares in pregnancy, and I am on the computer for several hours a day. I began to research treatments.

A few days ago, I noticed that the pain was moving around as I moved the mouse around. And that's when I realized that I didn't have carpel-tunnel, I was just holding my hand too close to the hot part of the laptop.

Problem solved.

No comments: