Friday, May 12, 2006

The boy

For so long, it was really the same every day. Small changes all the time, but nothing major.

In the last 5 days, everything has changed. The boy crawls pretty well. He pulls up onto his knees and then balances there. He pulls himself to standing and once even let go! Of course I missed it, but at least Grandma Jill saw it. He crawled up a step! He babbles Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma and Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba, and he's eating everything in sight. Today was Day 1 of what I'm sure will be a lot of Macaroni and Cheese days.

And he drinks from a bottle like he's been doing it for years. I have no idea what happened, but I tried it for the millionth time and he guzzled it down. Tried it again, and he guzzled that one too. It's been 3 full days now, and he's only nursed 5 time - every other feed was from a bottle. I've started adding a bit of formula into each one, and hope to have him totally on formula by the end of Memorial Day Weekend. Henceforth to be referred to as Freedom Weekend. Or I'm Taking A Percocet Or Maybe Three Weekend. I Don't Have To Wear A Bra To Bed Weekend. And so on.

Today we were outside with a friend, and I put Nate on his feet and held his hands. Our friend called to him and he started walking towards her. It's taking every part of me not to stop him from going.

No comments: