Monday, May 1, 2006

Where we're AT.

The boy officially sleeps through the night. I think it's four nights in a row now without even a peep - 6:30 to 6:30. We're heading to Indiana this weekend to see my best friend get married (MARRIED!) and visit with another friend, and I suspect it'll throw him off of his game. But I know that we can recover, and a long road of sleep stretchs out into my future.

He's still on the verge of crawling and being able to sit himself up. He can definitely move around a lot and get to things, but there's no formal crawling.

Friend Dave and I had an excursion yesterday to buy soil and tomato plants and herb plants, and I decided to break out the Kelty carrier that I bought while pregnant (retail price: $89. Super-baby-sale price: $15). The boy loves it. Well, I don't know that he loves it for sure, but I do know that he googled around silently for 45 minutes in Costco. If he had been in the shopping cart seat it would been a series of picking him up and putting him down and assuaging the whining with many cheerios and dropping the cheerios and stepping on them and feeling guilty about littering and oh my god he wants me to pick him up again...

So even if he doesn't love it, I sure as heck do.

No comments: