Thursday, March 15, 2007

Counting my blessings, again.

Nate had his 18-month appointment today and he's doing great. Moved to 50-75% for both height and weight (up from 50% at his 15-month appointment) and 75-90% for head circumference (up from 75%). She asked all sorts of questions about what he's playing with, how he's playing, what his interests are - all of which is fun because what Mama doesn't want to brag on her kid? To someone who's actually interested!

She ended the appointment by saying what a treat it was to see such a healthy normal kid in her office, and then told me about an a little boy she had to refer for a formal autism diagnosis. She said Nate was hitting all of his neurological marks and that he was almost certainly in the clear for any of those types of problems. I'm sure it's just hormones, but I teared up with thankfulness.

If you're a Davis family member, STOP READING NOW. We'll surprise you in two weeks.

For everyone else, the thankfulness continues: Nate is going to be a big brother! I found out this morning, so it's very early. Lots of stuff can go wrong. But most things seem to go right for us, so I'm hoping the tradition continues.

We are so lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent an email too...but...WOW. Congrats!

(lou from dotti's)

Stephanie823 said...

Congrats Mama!!!