So Jack has exploded all over the place. The talking is just too cute. He's repeating almost everything we say. There's a little ritual every time I tell him a new word:
(Reading an animal book)
Mama: What's that Jack? (pointing at a snail)
Mama: It's a snail. Snnnaaillll...
He always repeats the word as a question first, then really decisively the second time. He still has weird accents and speech things ("Yes" is still "ess" though he threw in a "yeah" this morning) but the content is really diverse now, and he's using phrases.
In no particular order:
- "Watch dis, Mama!"
- (Looking at the camera: "Picture Jack!")
- "Hear dat?"
- "Have it" when he wants something, or "Hold it"
- When he's saying goodbye, he often follows it with "Soon!" for "see you soon!"
- "Chocolate", "Chocolate milk"
- "Dinosaurs" (pronounced "dino-saur-US")
- "HUGE truck!" (or bus, or car, or dinosaurUS)
Couldn't be cuter.