Saturday, March 4, 2006

Lost

It's a little disconcerting how much I've changed. Things that used to bother me don't seem to anymore, and things that never did, well...

I'm catching up on what Tivo stored for me while we were in Aruba. I'm watching last week's Lost, and there's a sick baby stranded on an island with his Mom. Obviously no access to antibiotics, doctors, hospitals. My chest is so tight right now; it's all I can do not to turn off the show.

How I'm different than before he was born:

* I'm patient beyond my wildest expectations. The miracle hasn't extended to traffic situations, but with him for sure.

* I can turn off the TV mid-show if he needs me, or I need to get something done before he wakes up.

* I'm getting by well and happily on an absurdly small amount of sleep.

* I'm motivated as heck, in my personal life and my professional life.

* I'm happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Leah! You're SuperMom!