Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jack's Monthly Newsletter, Month Three

Dear Jack,

We just got back from a week in Aruba, and I can't tell you how many times we were stopped and told what a gorgeous baby you are. A lot of times. You really are terribly gorgeous. But more important than gorgeous, you are the sweetest baby. You smile your big open-mouth grins at everyone who stops to talk to you. My favorite part of your smiles is that they always start on one side of your mouth, and then they take over your whole face.



I wish we had more photos of you in Aruba, or really any photos of you in Aruba, but we were blessed with a Mother's Helper there and I really didn't spend much time with you. I love you, I adore you, but you were mostly a drag in Aruba. You just didn't get into the whole vibe of the place and kept insisting on being a baby. I expect that you'll shape up before we go again next year, okay?

You are really getting yourself together on the night-sleeping front, and went a whole week where you slept for longer than 6 hours every night. Aruba set you back a bit, but I have hopes that you'll get back to it soon. Our household is starting to feel regular again - I bathe you with your brother around 7 pm, get you warm and dressed, swaddle you up, and pop a bottle in your mouth. It's fabulously regular.



You have just started to stand up a bit when we support you, and you're trying to sit yourself up. You are beginning to grow out of your 0-3 month outfits, and you wore your first pants / shirt outfit while we were away. You ride in the stroller sitting up now, instead of lying down in the cocoon or in your carseat. You are starting to get ticklish, and when I tickle your thighs and chest you make a huge grunt and then sometimes a small smile. I don't do it much since it's a tad disturbing, but I know that we're going to hear you laugh pretty soon.

You have a funny habit that your brother had - when you get excited, your legs and arms stiffen up. You get so excited in your bouncy seat that you alternate between kicking your legs wildly and stiffening right up. I love your gorgeous eyes in this video.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I can't believe how lucky we got when we got you. Daddy thinks you're going to be really smart, and I think you're going to be really sweet and happy. I know how much joy you're going to bring us, because I know how much joy you already have. I'm so glad you're here.

Love,
Mama

No comments: