Monday, October 22, 2007

Just a general update

Sorry to be so scarce!

Picked Nate up from daycare today, and every one of this three teachers said that he's officially adjusted. No crying, no whining, lots of participation and glee. Ms. Roz told me that he reported "cooking with Mama" as his weekend activity. I'm so glad to find out I'm involving him in my mythical cooking sessions! Who knew that hauling Chipotle home from the store counted not only as cooking, but as a quality mother/son activity! I rock this Mom thing.

One benefit of moving him to the room next to ours is that I can hear him talking to himself before he goes to sleep. I've gotta install a camera so I can see what he's doing in there! Right now he's alternating between singing the ABC song (he hits all the important letters - A B C D G L P W and X) and just randomly babbling about Ball and Throw and Mama and No. He'll ask himself a question: "Ball?" and then say "Nooooo" and then "Mama?" and then "Nooooo" and so on. I have no idea what he's talking about.

I talk to him about the baby and I'm convinced he has no idea what I'm talking about. He has suggested Nate as the baby's name, and he likes to show me the baby in his belly. Rather, he likes to show me his belly, which I believe he now thinks is called a baby.

We have 99% picked a name for the Turkey, and that's good. Nate can pronounce it, and that's adorable. T minus 4.5 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd better be careful with Nate knowing the name, cause one day its gonna come out! I'm gonna come over soon and just start saying names to him to see what he can pronounce. Then I'll know. HeHe.

Deborah