Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to normal (wherever that is)

We've been sleep-training both boys for the last few days, and tonight it feels like everything has taken a turn for the better.

I put Nate to bed without any crying or tantrums, lots of hugs and kisses. I explained that if he came out of his room that I would have to lock the door, and it seems to have worked. The door's unlocked and Nate's in there talking to himself and singing, just like he used to. I can't tell you how much I love sitting in my room working and hearing him enjoying his own company. It fills me up.

Jack cried himself to sleep again tonight for all of 3 minutes before he was asleep. I started the full-on training last week and for several days he slept straight through 'til 5 or 6 am (and once until 7:30!) But two nights ago he was awake and inconsolable at 3:30 and I caved and gave him a bottle. Last night? Up at 2 am. Shocking, right?

Well I did it. I toughed it out and let him cry himself back to sleep. It took about 20, 25 minutes and then I didn't hear from him again until 6. I'm proud of him, and proud of me.

In sum: I'm locking one child in his room, and letting the other sob without anyone helping him. Go me!

1 comment:

crazedmommy said...

I'm waiting for Nate's bday update!! Are you okay?