Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset

Nate had his first sleep-over last night at the house of his beloved Sophia.



We headed over around 4 and cased the joint. I'd verbally walked him through it a few times, how he was going to have dinner with Sophia and her Mommy and Daddy, and that they'd read his bedtime stories, and that when he woke up in the morning he'd still be at Sophia's house.

I wasn't sure he understood but he was only 10 houses away and I knew they'd call if they needed me. At 11 when I went to bed, I was fairly shocked that I hadn't gotten a call yet. At 3:30 in the morning, my phone rang - Nate had woken himself up coughing and was too upset to calm down. I carried him home and got him back to sleep at home.

When he woke up this morning, I wasn't surprised to see that he was sick, probably with Jack's RSV. It's amazing, but I think if he hadn't been feeling sick he would have stayed there all night. He's a trooper, that kid of mine, and he's such a little Man now.







No comments: